Pages

Friday 6 January 2012

Word on the Street?

Word on da street is dat we be doin' streeters! Fa show.

Yup, CreComm is back in action. Not so bad for our first week back considering we made it through to Friday with no withdrawals (besides partying). So here's the real question we've asked ourselves if it's not "Why didn't I cry?" It's  "What else would we be doing with our first 2 hour J class of the semester other than streeters at 8 am?" Answer: Exactly. Nothing else.

This semester is my first time having Duncan teach me. I was already terrified of him before ever sitting in his classroom. (Have you seen this guy's resume? Pretty impressive. And anyone that can maintain a beard like that has my utmost respect. So an intimidating human being nonetheless.) So I thought I had him all figured out until I walked into the newsroom this morning and was greeted by the "Streeter Look."

What is the Streeter Look might you ask?

It's a look designed to instil panic and fear in any first year CreComm that passes Duncan McMonagle.
It's a cross between a little bratty child scheming and a Dr.Evil sneer. You know he's cooking something up in that brain of his. What he's cooking is Streeters. Streeters in the snow, streeters in the sun, it doesn't matter what the weather is like outside - you're gonna go talk to at least three strangers and you're gonna do it now.

Now I'm pretty sure only Duncan has mastered this look. So don't even attempt it because I'm almost positive he owns copyrights to it or something. CreComm's know everything about "copyright laws and stuff."- Duncan knows more than everything about "copyright laws and stuff."
I'm also pretty sure that he only uses this look on first years.( Just kidding, one can only hope.) Therefore I'm looking forward to next year. If I make it there. Cross your fingers. ( In hopes of no Streeter Looks)

Besides the blowing flurries the assignment wasn't all that bad. At least it wasn't like -15 or something. THAT would suck. Thankfully Duncan gave us a few options to write about. Weather and hockey being two of those options. Can anyone take a stab at what Allison might have chosen to write about?

HOCKEY you say? Me? Noooo.
Just kidding.
Yes I did.
Lucky guess on your part I suppose.

Next blizzard-esque weather we encounter on a Friday morning this semester I will come to school fully prepared to be sent out on to the street by Duncan. The only logical thing we would be doing that morning would be a streeter. Don't worry Duncan, we're on to you here.

Until our next snowstorm, Streeter, until our next snowstorm...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say!