Pages

Friday 23 September 2011

My ears are still ringing.

Imagine the loudest concert you've ever been to: times that by 10.

The sound you are now imagining inside your head is the sound of the fans in the MTS Centre on Tuesday night.

The wait is over.

The Winnipeg Jets took the ice for the first time in the MTS Centre on Tuesday night as the new and improved team. The place was a gongshow. Fans decked out from head to toe in Jets gear, new or retro, filled the building. I've never heard something so loud in my life, it was like an explosion of positive cheers and screams and cries and EVERYTHING!

I would consider myself as one of the luckier people in Winnipeg, not only getting a chance to attend the first exhibition game of the season against the Columbus Blue Jackets, but I get to attend every home game played by the Jets this year.


All I could keep telling myself was, "this is unreal. I'm at an NHL hockey game right now. A JETS hockey game. In REAL LIFE!" Kid in a candy store I tell you. Hands down best experience of my life.
Included in the best experience of my life was getting the chance to be behind the opposition's net for one of the goals we scored! I was RIGHT behind the net, legit eye-level, when Ivan Telegin scored the 4th goal of the night.

It would be impossible to sum up all of the emotions I went through on Tuesday night, but I hope by the end of the season I will be able to! Things are only gonna go uphill from here and I can't freaking wait!

All I can say is, if the streets and bars were that packed after the game when it was POURING rain outside, I can't even imagine what it's gonna be like when it's nice out.

3 comments:

  1. I don't understand why curling isn't as popular as hockey - why is curing so unloved?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Prizes shot out of a cannon are better than prizes that are not shot out of a cannon. Even better: little prize cannons shot out of larger prize cannons shot out of a cannon.

    Sneaking this instructor into Jets games is a good idea (Jedi Mind Trick gesture).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark October 24th down on your calendar. Section 317, row 6, seat 9: there will be a very handsome fellow in need of a shirt.

    ReplyDelete

Have your say!