Pages

Monday 28 January 2013

Awesome.

Being a real journalist is starting to feel like real life.

I do realize I'm not there yet, but I can feel it. With the hockey season now in action, my classmates have been given the opportunity to intern at Jets home games.

Awesome.

Not only awesome because they get to watch Jets games for free from the press box. But awesome because I saw Lauren's face on TSN! How awesome would it be to have your face on TSN? That is my dream. To have my very own face on TSN every weekday. Heck yes.

Besides the fact that I've seen many of my classmates on tv already, it's cool to see where the year before us is now. For instance Krystalle is with CBC already- ballin'. That is honestly the coolest thing ever.

Another thing that is nice is the media in Winnipeg. They treat us like real people. When we're out at a presser and go for the huddle of reporters and cameras in the scrum those guys will let you in.

It really makes you respect the program you're in when you see how seriously it's taken by the industry we'll eventually work in.

The other day I was out shooting a story for Broadcast J and screwed up my stand up about six times. I was getting frustrated because I'd nailed the first one perfectly, but someone walked through my shot at the end and ruined it. Mitchell Clinton saw how pissed off I was and was like, "it's okay! It took me like nine times too!"

That put a smile on my face. What an awesome guy. He didn't have to encourage me at all. But he did. Because he's a part of the CreComm mafia. He knows what's up.

While on the very same shoot ChrisD snapped a picture of Mark and I and tweeted it out. Calling us "hard working." Also awesome. Everyone knows ChrisD.

Maybe one day everybody will know me.

"@ChrisDca: Hardworking #CreComm students shooting a story on the warming huts @TheForks earlier today. @RRCLiveat5"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say!