Pages

Monday 21 January 2013

Crazy legs and scrambled eggs.

I can't believe so much has changed since we started CreComm last fall.

Our first J assignment was the standard 400 words +/- 10% and it was a nightmare.

We all sat there and stared at the computers with writers block. Too many thoughts going through our heads. Soon enough we were all running back and forth from the printer to our computer to the printer back to our computer- working up a sweat for no reason.

"How many people do we quote?"
"How did you spell her name?"
"Does that need to be capitalized?"
"Is it says or said?"
"I'm gonna auto-fail."

Did I mention it's probably about 7:30 pm and our story isn't due until 8 am the next morning? What's with the freak out?

Today we were given the assignment of going to the law courts, sitting in on a trial, and then writing a paper on it by 6 pm tonight.

Most of us didn't leave the courthouse until 4 pm and still managed to get our stories in with time to spare.

What has happened in such a short time frame? How did we go from scrambled eggs to calm, cool, and collected?

I'm not entirely sure, but I can guarantee you it probably had something to do with paying attention in J class once or twice.

If all I get out of this program is how to organize my thoughts then I'm ok with it. But part of me hopes I kind of get a job too...

1 comment:

Have your say!