Pages

Friday 7 October 2011

I'm no David Carr, but I hope to be one day.

On Tuesday, October 4 I was a journalist.
Or at least I was pretending to be. For school we were sent out to a candidates office or headquarters to report on the provincial election.
I went to Judy Eastman's headquarters in Southdale and at first I didn't know what to do.
I walked in, clipboard in hand, and everyone in there just stared at me.
One guy, (turned out to be a CreComm grad), took one look at me and said, "CreComm?"
How did he know!? Was I that obvious? Apparently the worried look on my face and Red River College clipboard gave me away.
He pointed me in the direction of Judy's office and told me, "go quick before it gets too hectic in here."
I was so glad he was there because he really helped me out and kinda told me what to do and where to sit.
I got a few minutes in with each family member that was there which was kinda cool because it gave me a little more background information on the situation.
In the end, Judy didn't win enough votes to become the incumbent but she wasn't gonna let the loss ruin the party. I wish I coulda stayed because she was such a nice lady!
She made a beautiful, tear-jerking, brave speech and encouraged everyone present to take part in the festivities. Champagne and beers were offered to me by like eight different people and I had to kindly decline. (UNWILLINGLY MIGHT I ADD, CRECOMM IS PURE STRESS!)
After I'd interviewed Judy and got what I needed I drove home and typed on Microsoft Word until my fingers bled. 
I felt pretty accomplished after my paper was done, as a result bloodshot eyeballs and an empty stomach told me to call it a night.
Naturally I figured I'd just auto-failed, but guess what guys!
We got our marks back today and Ally-Pat got her first 7.5 !
Life is looking up, I guess I shouldn't give up on this whole CreComm thing entirely.


Next blog post will be about our beloved Jets home opener this Sunday. If you're coming to the game, BRING THE NOISE! And for the love of hockey and Winnipeg, do not boo Bettman, I know there are tons of mixed emotions about this guy but we don't wanna look like them Canuck fans. Winnipeggers are not a "classless bunch" so lets prove it to the people in the arena and the people watching our team on tv.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say!