Pages

Wednesday 26 October 2011

Just Slow Down

With this fresh blanket of ICE on all of our cars and front yards I couldn't help but get a sense of panic from everyone.

We live in Winterpeg, Manitoba people - we should be used to this. Always be ready to pull your winter coat out in the middle of July. That's just the way it is.

On a more serious note, I know how careless some people can be on the road. When it comes to slippery winter conditions drivers need to be more cautious and sometimes that is not the case.

When I was in grade 12 two friends from my home town were killed in a car crash on Bishop Grandin.  Not something I would ever wish to happen to ANYONE. And especially never would I ever want anyone to feel the pain I felt.

Here is the video the two survivors of the accident made.
I will warn you it is very touching, I cry everytime I watch it. There is nothing gruesome about it, just a very sad story.

Like Tyler said in the video, "You shouldn't ever feel like you can't tell someone to slow down."


Safety first guys, stay aware of your surroundings and be careful on the road. Just because you're driving safely doesn't mean everyone else on the road is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say!